There are 7 public computers available (2 Macs and 5 PCs). One is located in the Teen Room. Our computers have high speed internet and Microsoft Office Suite.
We have two iPads that are for in library use only. They can be borrowed for 2 hours at a time. Both are loaded with child friendly apps.
We believe sometimes it is better to test drive something before you buy it. They are also great to take on trip if you don’t want to lug heavy hard covers on a plane!
We have two Kindle Fires available as well as two regular Kindles. These can be borrowed for two weeks and we can help patrons choose content from Overdrive to load onto the devices.
We also have a Nook touch available.
The Teens have a special Kindle paper white that is loaded with some of the Isinglass and Flume Teen Read Award books.
Check out our StarBlast telescope and see spectacular views of the night sky! The telescope can be borrowed for 7 days. The New Hampshire Astronomical Society has graciously helped us maintain our telescope.
Kill A Watt Detector:
Take the first step to lower your electric bill and emit a smaller carbon footprint by borrowing our Kill A Watt Energy Detector. You can find out exactly how much electricity each device you have is using.
**The following Makerspace items are not available to borrow. They are used only during Tinker Times and other programming.**
LEGO Mindstorms: You can code these LEGO robots to perform commands, follow a pattern, or simply walk and talk. Or, use the remote control to take one for a spin.
Ozobots: These tiny robots use colors and patterns to tell them what to do. You can use markers to code their paths and also use fun iPad apps to learn how to code!
littleBits: littleBits use color coded bits that snap together to create circuits. You can make things like a robot car and voice activated bubble wand!
Snap Circuits: Snap Circuits makes learning electronics easy and fun! Just follow the colorful pictures in the manual and build exciting projects, such as FM radios, digital voice recorders, burglar alarms, door bells and much more! All parts easily snap together on a plastic board to create your circuits.
3D Doodlers: This pen draws in 3D with plastic filament. It's really fun to create charms, 3D models of your favorite animals, or anything else you can think of!
MaKey MaKey: Everyday objects become much more than they appear with MaKey MaKey. Make a banan piano or play a video game with play dough! These small circuit boards allow you to create many fun activities!
Teen Maker Cart
The Teen Maker Cart is available from 2:45 until close on Maker Mondays (see the calendar or Facebook for dates) and all day on days when SAU48 schools are closed but the library is open.
The Maker Cart is intended for ages 12+.
In/On the Maker Cart:
- Two 3Doodler pens, plastic filament, and a design booklet
- Origami paper
- Scissors, hole punches (round and shapes), rulers
- No. 2 Pencils, colored pencils, drawing paper (various sizes), black PIGMA pens, paint pens, Gelatos®
- Glue guns and sticks, tacky glue, glitter glue
- Foam sheets
- Felt, buttons, needles, thread, thimbles
- Paper scraps
- Yarn (acrylic and wool), twine, braiding cord, embroidery floss, crochet hooks (3mm/00 only; we’d love more!)
- Ribbon, rickrack, tulle, bead garland (fused, pre-strung beads)
- Fabric (mostly strips and scraps)
- Jewelry making supplies (beads, wire, pliers, wire snips, earring hooks, key chain rings and clasps)
- Past grab-and-go craft kits
Also available (just ask):
- Perler beads and supplies (including iron)
- Heat guns
- Straight stitch machine (mini-sewing machine)
- Fabric markers
- Washable markers
- Tape (variety)
- Brass fasteners
- Paint (variety; mostly acrylic)
- Paint brushes (variety)
- Glitter (variety)
- Paper (variety)
- Paper cutter
- So much more (look at the labels on the drawers in the Storytime Room for an idea)